2.5
Layout of Store

Update by user May 06, 2016

They have my number. I do not expect them to call. I simply want this review posted so customers can see how dysfunctional at best - and downright deliberately rude at worst- the may levels of management is at the Wegmans DeWitt Pharmacy.

Original review posted by user May 05, 2016

This is a review of the Pharmacy at the DeWitt Wegmans (Dewitt, NY).

The initial incident occurred on 5/8/2015:

I dropped off a prescription and was told it would take 10 minutes. I returned after about 20 minutes and there was a problem with how they put my insurance number in, so it was not filled. This was fixed, and the people that served me at that time were fine- nothing less than professional, apologizing for the wait. One of them told me I could wait in the waiting area instead of having to go back in line, and that the prescription would be ready in “minutes.”

I then sat in the waiting area for about 15 minutes. At that point I was not sure if they were going to call me to the counter or if I was supposed to check back in. At that time there was no one in line, and I walked up to the counter next to where “Chris” was working. She ignored me completely. Then, after someone entered the line, she called that person over and attended to him. She did this again for two other customers, for a total of at least 5 minutes. I finally said something to her – pointing out that I had been waiting there for 5 minutes (even though she knew this). She then said “Oh, I was waiting on them” and waived her hand towards the line. She then said “the line forms there.” I pointed out that I was told I did not have to wait in line again and only then did she ask me for my information regarding the script. She looked it up and said “it’s not ready yet.” At no point did she apologize for the wait, or ignoring me.

I sat down again and waited a few more minutes before she called my name. When she was giving me my prescription she said “I really don’t appreciate that language.” I do not know what she was referring to, as I did not even say anything to her at that point (and I am almost certain I did not use bad language, earlier, but may have said something in frustration after she ignored me for so long). Either way, she said nothing to me at that time – if she was so offended at whatever I had said, she did not say anything to me, then. In either instance I was nothing but completely cordial once she called me up, yet she brought up the “language” issues with me out of the blue- at that point. I responded calmly that she should concentrate on treating customers with respect, and not ignoring people which should be a priority over “language.” She interrupted me, saying “excuse me!” over and over again. She the then, without any cause to do so, insulted my mother. I told her she needed to learn manners and walked away, before telling her to never mention my mother again. I then turned back and asked her name and she smiled and said “Chris” but would not give me her last name.

I sent a letter to the manager regarding this, which was ignored.

As I am sure one can understand, I was quite shocked at her behavior and wrote a letter bringing this to the attention of [name redacted], the manager, who ignored the letter. So on 7/3/2015 I sent a letter to Danny Wegman the Chairman of the company. It was not until his office directed the Pharmacy to respond, that they did so- claiming that I had told them I did not wanted to be contacted in my first letter to them (which was an absolute lie). This was done, basically as a “form letter” which had no substance in it, whatsoever. She stated something to the effect of “I will ensure that my employees treat everyone well," yet nothing regarding talking to the specific person I was referring to.

It is important to note, that I did not complain about anyone else at the pharmacy – so why would I care if she lectured the lot of them about generalities? – also, I don’t want to subject the remaining good employees there to some lecture that they did not need to be told about. I even had a patient last week who had me fill a script for her, there, and mention how nice people are at that pharmacy. Obviously the person who I wrote the letter about was an outlier among the staff, yet Ms. [name redacted] did not seem to care.

I then responded to [name redacted] writing that she appeared to completely ignore any concern I had brought up. This was then followed by a cell phone message I received from a Mr. [name redacted], the Pharmacy Operations Manager at DeWitt Wegmans. In the message he asked me to call him to discuss the matter.

I was not able to call him back immediately, and a few days later, Mr. [name redacted] sent me a letter (which was obviously sent prior to the phone call he made). In the letter he was also notably defensive about the first form letter Ms. Stenuf had sent, noting that he drafted the letter for her (which started to make sense, as you will soon see). In the letter that Mr [name redacted] wrote, he said that they had all “followed up” with the employee in question about what had occurred and all agree “… your situation could have been handled better.”

"… could have been handled better."???????

Seriously? The employee I had originally written about had blatantly gone out of her way to shout at me, and personally insult my mother (whom she has never met). And all the Pharmacy Operations Manager can say about it, is that it “… could have been handled better”??

This was quite insulting to me (and appeared deliberately so at that) at that. I had literally considered filing a criminal complaint with the person who harassed me at the time, but thought better of it when I realized that she was likely unstable. However, I never dreamed that the management at that pharmacy would go out of their way to make matters worse when I brought it to their attention.

When I was able to call Mr. [name redacted], the call went to his voicemail, so left a message with my name and number. I was not able to pick up when he eventually called back. However, he left an extremely dismissive and rude message saying “this matter is closed,” with a tone that conveyed the following “why are you bothering me about this?”

At this point I would like to point out that HE had asked ME to call HIM, in the first place!!

I sent a follow-up letter to Chairman Wegman with my overall impressions of the gross incompetence and extremely dismissive attitude of the management of the DeWitt Wegmans Pharmacy, however it appears that he has no interest in knowing how incompetent his managers are, as he ignored it.

Overall the management is extremely unprofessional and rude at every level at the DeWitt Wegmans Pharmacy. Clearly this is not an issue with "one bad apple," but a systemic problem.

FYI, while I will never go to another Wegmans pharmacy again in my life, I still occasionally stop at the grocery - although with TJ's being in town I thankfully can do this a lot less than I used to!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of wegmans customer care from Wegmans. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Wegmans to "ensure that managers there do not go out of their way to be extra disrespectful to customers- especially after one of their clerks was so blatantly and deliberately abusive".

The most disappointing in user's experience was rude clerk, rude and dismissive management, lack of standards for employees and rudeness of clerk. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Wegmans for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Wegmans?

Comments

First Born Triplet
Ontario, Canada #1157082

You know what is very strange, my comment telling people that this site is unprofessional and allows impersonation was removed, yet the fake DaveSyracuse's comments are still there. Told you this was an unprofessional site the real DaveSyracuse.

In the immortal words of President Obama's wise grandmother:

"... every time a fool speaks, he is just advertising his own ignorance."

This is the only response required :)

DavidSyracuse

(1) To any one reading these comments, note that "Not the OP" has posted under my account "DavidSyracuse" numerous times, in an attempt to discredit me.Unfortunately for this ***, this is easily proven, as his/her posts under my name are not hyperlinked (notice they are all in black and not-hyperlinked?).

(2) This along with the fact that "Not the OP" actually only recently commented on my other review, only AFTER I exposed him/her to being a fraud. (ask yourself why suddenly more false posts would appear under my account on the other review if this was not so?).

(3) Obviously "No the OP" (and the multiple other accounts he/she runs) has nothing better to do than to troll sites like this and make things up ... sad that this person doesn't have a job and can't support his/herself.

(4) "Not the OP" is clearly a fraud who simply lies for unknown reasons.

Anyone actually reading my review and his/her comments can see that, easily ...when he/she decided to say I accused him/her of dressing up like me and moving from California- that itself is clearly a delusional comment and one that proves every point I have made.

ransom

Please!You don't remember if you cussed at her or not?

If cussing is such a common part of your language that you don't even remember whether you do it or not, you are a despicable human.They are never under any obligation to give you their name either, that's ridiculous.

I expect they would be happy if you never return.

Not_the_0P

WTF???????

I did not post this- even though it is under my account name.

I do not know how she did that -- but someone claimed that this was me and it is not.

Of course you did not post that you are "telling the truth", just like you "told the truth" when you said I worked at Wegman's.You are a hypocrite, you said I work at Wagman's which is not true, you lied there and you bash me for lying.

I bet this is what happened in the store, someone dressed up like you and they were the one that was swearing, they even got a face job just to look like you and swear to the employee. You are probably

going to say that I am the one that went into the store dressed up like you. Nice try, your mother deserves to be ridiculed if she raised you the way you are. You are the one that made that post.

Just admit it. Next you will be saying that I drove 2 days to Syracuse New York from Benicia California just to dress up like you and swear at Chris to make you look bad. All this lying on your behalf(saying I work at Wegman's ect is a result of bad mothering. I think your mother was being insulted because of the way you have been raised.

You yourself said in the review that you may have been rude.Besides kid, they are not going to tell you the action they took with the employee, that is none of your business.

Not_the_0P
Benicia, California, United States #1154420

If you are going to have a bad attitude expect to be ignored.Besides doesn't a child like yourself need an adult with you when picking up medication?

She is not required to give you her last name. If you had been older than five they could mistake this as you trying to find out where she lives and try to hook up with her. If you behave like you did she has every right to insult your mother for not raising you to be a gentleman. I think it is you that needs to learn manners, and you mother did a terrible job raising you and should be shamed and insulted.

This happened almost a year ago, get over it.

Get on with your life.Your behavior was unprofessional and even though you seem to think you did not use profanity(and from your review you don't remember but seem to recall that perhaps you did) you probably did.

to Not_the_0P #1154448

You clearly have a serious problem, my friend.

First off: you have NO CLUE what you are talking about.You have absolutely NO RIGHT to lie about my behavior and say that I was rude or "unprofessional." You simply made that up (for reasons unknown).

And FYI- professionalism is supposed to apply to the PROFESSIONAL, not the customer. But in either case, you are a liar to say that about me- and have no basis to judge, whatsoever.

Secondly, What ON EARTH does this sentence mean?

"If you had been older than five they could mistake this as you trying to find out where she lives and try to hook up with her."

Are you insane? On NO PLANET does this sentence even make any sense ... seriously.

Third: Yes, it happened over a year ago, and Wegmans did nothing but make it worse ...

My review is meant to demonstrate how poor the management is at Wegmans, when they go out of their way to make things worse. Last: Why on earth do you feel motivated to lie, insult and attack me?

Do you work for Wegmans?Why else would you go out of your way to do this?

to Not_the_0P #1154463

You are a sick person to try to post under my account name.

What on earth is wrong with you?

I have reported you for this and I hope your account is deleted. At least that will slow you down from lying and you will need to open another account in order to do so.