I shop regularly at the Wegmans Dulles in Sterling, VA. In late November, I was hopping with my wife at this store.

We went over to the meat area and I picked up a package of 6+LBS of ground beef for 1.99LB. In the past I have had the meat counter person break up the package in into 4 smaller packages that are freezer wrapped. Never had a problem in the past. I have done this 4 or 5 times before at two different Wegmans stores.

This time the meat counter guy told me wait and went into the back room. After a few minutes he re-emerged and said it was store policy not break up packages. I asked to speak to the meat manager. They made me wait several minutes before he arrived along with an assistant store manager.

I told them that this has been done many times in the past. They responded saying it should never have been down in the past. They said if wanted the package broken up I would be charged a higher price. They made some lame comment about Costco not breaking up meat packages.

That's why I shop at grocery store, so I can get some customer service. Both managers were rude and very adament on their stance. I got overwhelmed with emotion at their lack of empathy that I responded with profanity. My wife immediately exited the store, leaving our cart their.

I latter called the store to apologize for my profanity but stated that their policy stinks on ice. The next day I called Wegmans consumer affairs and told them what happened. I was patronized by the representative.

I won't shop their any more. I went to another grocery store and they were happy to package meat for me the way I requested.

Comments

Algester, Queensland, Australia #280595

There is never a reason to smack your wife. You need some help

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #219881

What's wrong with you. Like I said I apologized for using profanity and I apologized my wife for slapping her and told her it won't happen again. I lose my cool for a few minutes you have no right to judge me.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #219878

Just because you were told "no" does not mean someone was rude. Don't you just hate it when people automatically assume that "no" equals rude. This person may be old enough to be married but acts eight.