went to the isle with the 15 items sign by mistake and not noticing, and after putting all my groceries from the cart, the cashier ( Tony on isle 20) told me to change isles because I had over the 15 items limit.I explained that I did not realized on time and that this was my first time at this store.

He did not care and kept saying that customers would complaint, but there were no customers behind me. To make the story short he forced me to put all the items back into my cart and at that point I told him that I would complain to his manager for the bad customer service.

He was totally rude and had no concern when I told him that I would talk to the manager, he said that the manager would agree with him.

It was very humiliating experience, I will never go back to the Columbia Wegmans store again.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Wegmans. The most disappointing about wegmans cashier from Wegmans was customes service Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Wegmans.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Food Stores category for more informed decision or compare Wegmans to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Wegmans?

Comments

That's awesome that he did that. I'm sure you saw the sign they're right in front of your face lit up. It's a pain when people do that so next time don't be lazy and go wait in line like everyone else.

to Anonymous #1194086

You are a very nasty individual, no one should behave in that manner.That wasn't correct way to handle this situation.

You take care of the customer and then explain the proper procedure of the lane 15 or less.She should have walked out and left the groceries on the check out stand.

Sparks, Texas, United States #969639

How degrading... Good luck to you, I see Wegmans Consumer Affairs at least is trying to contact you. Employees like that are tarnishing this company's good name

Rochester, New York, United States #969596

Good Evening,

We're very sorry to hear about this poor experience you had at our Columbia Store.Can you please call Consumer Affairs at 1-800-WEGMANS ext.

4760 M-F 8am-5pm or email us your contact information to comments@wegmans.com?

We'd like to have the store follow up with you regarding this concern.Please reference case # 1194659 when you contact us.

thank you!