2.0
Layout of Store

I have been going to this store since it first opened, and to the Princeton NJ store before that, but I dread going to the deli counter and being served by an older, mustached worker (Jim?). This guy has no sense of customer service, and though I have talked to both the Assistant Manager and Manager, it is obvious he is not getting any better, so I guess it may be time to shop elsewhere.

Once he gave me a different product than I requested. Later when I was back, he argued with me saying he didn't do that, so the Assistant Manager stepped in, took care of me, and afterwards met with me to assure me he would talk to him, though he said "you can't teach an old dog new tricks." He also said he would also take care of me in the future, and did the next time, but after he wasn't there when I returned again, wouldn't you know, "Jim" called out my number.

Even though I decided to let the past go and I indicated I was in fact holding the number, he said to another employee to take care of me and took the next in line.

After 3 more people were helped as I waited for the other employee to be of service, I found the Deli Manager outside, indicated my dissatisfaction, and an employee standing alongside him went behind the counter to help. I briefly told the Manager what happened and he said he would talk to "Jim", (though "we don't get many complaints about him" - in contradiction to what the Assistant Manager had told me.)

As I finally was placing my order, "Jim" asserted "Were you talking about me?" I angrily responded "Yes," then saw yet another employee pat him on the back as if to console him.

Employees who service customers are a reflection of the company they work for. I am myself in sales, and know that even if a customer is not acting appropriately or may even be wrong, it is imperative to act in a controlled, respectful manner - not in the way I was treated, and I am sure this guy will continue to smirk behind the counter and act inappropriately. Shameful! Guess it's time to move on.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with Wegmans. The most disappointing about wegmans deli department at Wegmans was bad customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Wegmans.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Food Stores category for more informed decision or compare Wegmans to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Wegmans?

Comments

It seems like you are the only one that has an issue with him. I think you need to stop harassing him at work before he takes legal action.