I goto Weg!mans in Downingtown, PA. Every time I go, approximately once or twice a month, I get overcharged for at least 1 or 2 items.

I try to look at each transaction so that I can correct the Cashier but sometimes I can't. During the summer, Wegman's hires a younger staff, maybe College Students, or High School, etc. There is no mistake-they are NOT trained and they don't use common sense either, nor do they care. They're getting a paycheck.

The typical all American complaint.....can goods on top of bread..really! This week I checked out the Cashiers before entering the aisle thinking? "she's mature, she should know what's she doing". Wrong!

2 Overcharges because she didn't read the code on the fruit or vegetable properly or she guessed. UGH. Every cent counts when one is retired or not. Now when I go back I'll wait until the CS person is finished helping all the people buying Lottery Tickets before I can get my refund.

My usual comment to the same CS person is: "And I keep coming back for the mistakes on my order"...I get my refund but nothing is ever done about customer service and making sure mistakes aren't happening. I do hear "I'm very sorry"..which is great but... I check my receipt every time to make sure.

I don't know if everyone does. Wegman's is making a killing in overcharges.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wegmans Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Better training for EVERYONE!.

Comments

Well maybe you wouldn’t get overcharged for your veggies or fruits if you labeled them and weighed them yourself at the produce section like YOU are supposed to.