BUG in prepared foods - WEGMANS OCEAN NJ - management didn't care

63 of 186 Wegmans reviews

Update added by user May 23, 2015

Wegmans did contact me after a few days and have taken corrective action.If I could remove the review I would.

All I wanted was the company to take action on a quality concern.Thank you Wegmans for resolving the issue.

Original review posted by user May 04, 2015

I purchased on 29Apr the prepared meal that included garlicky greens..

As I was eating this meal immediately following the return from shopping, that evening, I discovered a very LARGE bug. I contacted the store, spoke to David the Chef, sent him a picture of the critter from my cell phone, to his cell phone. I also spoke to someone in customer service. Both took my name/phone/complaint and promised someone would contact me.

I have not heard back from the store and have SERIOUS concerns that this issue is not handled in the proper manner. Not to mention that I was completely SICK and disgusted, having eaten some of this meal. Why hasn't the general manager called me? Why haven't I at least been offered a refund for my meal that I could not finish??

Is this issue really brushed under the carpet with no changes to procedures to ensure better quality and to try and do something about a VERY UNHAPPY customer.I am just amazed how this has been handled by what I thought was a reputable store.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer svc didnt care

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Prepared Meal
Review category
Food Stores
review #630670 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Wegmans? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 1 No 1
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
63 of 186 Wegmans reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 14, 2015 #984363 Orange, California, United States

HI Kevin, I'm sorry you're not able to believe in this or me, and somehow I have made you angry. I wish you nothing but the best.
I am not angry just stating the truth. Since you are lying when you said I was angry how many other things are you lying about? Are you lying about having a job? Are you lying about not wanting the refund? Once you tell a lie even if you tell the truth no one believes you. If this were not about money you would not be suggesting a refund.

1 4 Reply

May 13, 2015 #983870

It's not really a huge quality control issue, mistakes DO happen. Certain things get past inspection occasionally. It was probably mixed in with the ingredients and hidden. Insects DO end up in a large majority of the food we consume, especially when they come from factories or "farm fresh" environments. Also, this website is not an ideal place to resolve such issues. Glad to see you're too virtuous to ever go back in the store after causing such chaos. Girl, bye.

3 1 Reply
diverlinda

May 14, 2015 #984185

hello - I'd like to reinforce the point that I first called the store and contacted corporate and received no response. Therefore my complaint was mainly regarding the management and the fact that they didn't care, even though I first reported this issue to them. Had they called me back, apologized, and perhaps advised that they would work to improve these type of problems I would have never reported the problem on a website. It's the problem in this world... until corporate is held accountable, they will not always do the right thing.

2 0 Reply

May 14, 2015 #984320 Orange, California, United States

Oh stop with the bullship. It is quite clear that you just want money out of this. For all we know even if you did not place the bug there it could have come from your house. The fact that you even suggested they give a refund shows you are not out for an apology or to help improve the issues for everyone. It shows you are just out there for yourself to get money.

0 5 Reply
diverlinda

May 14, 2015 #984340

0 0

May 12, 2015 #983087 Orange, California, United States

I was all with you and on your side until you asked for a refund. That itself shows that you yourself placed the bug in your own food to get a refund. Why not get a job so you don`t have to lie to get free food.

0 6 Reply

May 13, 2015 #983494

I am a working professional and did not go through the hassle of posting a review warning others for a lousy seven dollars. I also never asked for A refund, however I did expect management to OFFER one considering the situation which in my opinion, is very poor management demonstrating they did not care. Since Posted this review they have called me and offered me a refund plus a gift card, but I have no intention of even walking back to the store.

1 0 Reply

May 13, 2015 #983517 Orange, California, United States

" Why haven't I at least been offered a refund for my meal that I could not finish??"
There you are implying that you should get a refund. If you can lie when the proof is there in black and white, I am sure you are also lying about having a working profession. You are not entitled to one. The management needs to be fired. It just encourages you to scam them again. It just encourages others to do the same scam as you just did.

0 6 Reply

May 05, 2015 #980294

Wegman's should charge you extra for the free protein they provided with your meal!

5 1 Reply

May 04, 2015 #979710

Good Morning,
We are extremely sorry this has happened and also that someone from the store has not followed up with you. At your convenience, can you please call Wegmans Consumer Affairs Mon-Fri 8am-5pm at 1-800 WEGMANS (934-6267) ext 4760. We would like to speak with you about this. When you call, please refer to Case # 1201131.
Thank you & we look forward to hearing from you.
Wegmans Consumer Affairs

5 6 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.