I just left the store located in King of Prussia for the second time this evening 8/25/2016!! I purchased chicken from the store. Once arriving home my wife and I noticed the package of chicken had a horrible smell!!! When I returned to the store for a refund Lara (a Manager) began to tell me that organic chicken usually has a funny smell, as if I had never purchased organic chicken before. Lara then began to sarcastically ask me if I had ever had organic chicken before!! I purchase organic chicken on a regular basis and know when something smells bad. Lara continued to say that if I open the package and let it sit for a while the smell would go away!! (Really). I proceeded to request a full refund. Lara then told me that I would need to show her my Wegman’s shopping card in order for her to return my money. After explaining to her that I did not have a Wegmans shopping card she told me that she could not refund my money!! So I asked to speak with her boss. Lara replied that she was the only person that I could speak with and refused to give me the name of who she reported to. Next she told me that if I didn’t have a Wegmans card that she would need to take my name, address, and drivers license to do the refund even with my receipt. After I told her that I didn’t feel comfortable with having my driver’s license on file, she again refused to refund the money. At this point I showed her a picture taken with my cell phone of a fly that was on a pastry and explained that this is not the first time I had an experience with bad food and my next step would be to send this picture to the Local News and other authorities because something need to be done!!! Lara then picked up the phone and called Tate to come to the front desk. My next statement to her was that this will be my last time shopping at Wegmans and that it should be the last time anyone would want to shop here based on this type of service. Then Lara begIn to shout at me saying “SO YOUR THREATNING ME?!!! “SO YOUR THREATNING ME?!!! “SO YOUR THREATNING ME!!!” She repeated shouting four to five times. Lara then turned to employees that where standing around and shouted out “DID YOU HEAR HIM THREATEN ME?!!!” I could not believe that she was trying to turn the situation around by falsely accusing me of threatening her!! Then she said that she could call the police right now!!! I then asked her what her name was and she shouted at me saying her name is “LARA!!” I asked for her last name and she said” LARA!!” “MY NAME IS LARA!!! LARA!!!” By this time I had enough foolishness and Tate had reached the front. I ask Tate to confirm the position that Lara had relative to my refund. TATE stated “YOU CAN NOT HAVE A REFUND!” in a very aggressive tone. I showed him the picture in my phone of the fly on the pastries and let him know that this is not my first experience with bad food at this store. Next, I told both Lara and Tate that I would be filing a complaint whiling leaving the store.

In closing I never received my money and the chicken was left the store. Not once did Tate or Lara ask if I wanted another package or offer any solution to the problem. I will never shop at this store again and will share my experience with every person that I am able communicate with. I just left the store located in King of Prussia for the second time this evening 8/25/2016!! I purchased chicken from the store. Once arriving home my wife and I noticed the package of chicken had a horrible smell!!! When I returned to the store for a refund Lara (a Manager) began to tell me that organic chicken usually has a funny smell, as if I had never purchased organic chicken before. Lara then began to sarcastically ask me if I had ever had organic chicken before!! I purchase organic chicken on a regular basis and know when something smells bad. Lara continued to say that if I open the package and let it sit for a while the smell would go away!! (Really). I proceeded to request a full refund. Lara then told me that I would need to show her my Wegman’s shopping card in order for her to return my money. After explaining to her that I did not have a Wegmans shopping card she told me that she could not refund my money!! So I asked to speak with her boss. Lara replied that she was the only person that I could speak with and refused to give me the name of who she reported to. Next she told me that if I didn’t have a Wegmans card that she would need to take my name, address, and drivers license to do the refund even with my receipt. After I told her that I didn’t feel comfortable with having my driver’s license on file, she again refused to refund the money. At this point I showed her a picture taken with my cell phone of a fly that was on a pastry and explained that this is not the first time I had an experience with bad food and my next step would be to send this picture to the Local News and other authorities because something need to be done!!! Lara then picked up the phone and called Tate to come to the front desk. My next statement to her was that this will be my last time shopping at Wegmans and that it should be the last time anyone would want to shop here based on this type of service. Then Lara began to shout at me saying “SO YOUR THREATNING ME?!!! “SO YOUR THREATNING ME?!!! “SO YOUR THREATNING ME!!!” She repeated shouting four to five times. Lara then turned to employees that where standing around and shouted out “DID YOU HEAR HIM THREATEN ME?!!!” I could not believe that she was trying to turn the situation around by falsely accusing me of threatening her!! Then she said that she could call the police right now!!! I then asked her what her name was and she shouted at me saying her name is “LARA!!” I asked for her last name and she said” LARA!!” “MY NAME IS LARA!!! LARA!!!” By this time I had enough foolishness and Tate had reached the front. I ask Tate to confirm the position that Lara had relative to my refund. TATE stated “YOU CAN NOT HAVE A REFUND!” in a very aggressive tone. I showed him the picture in my phone of the fly on the pastries and let him know that this is not my first experience with bad food at this store. Next, I told both Lara and Tate that I would be filing a complaint whiling leaving the store.

In closing I never received my money and the chicken was left the store. Not once did Tate or Lara ask if I wanted another package or offer any solution to the problem. I will never shop at this store again and will share my experience with every person that I am able communicate with. After spending over 50% of my budget at Wegmans, I will now reallocate that percentage to Whole Foods , See Attachments!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "bad service and food" of wegmans manager and associated monetary loss in the amount of $400. Wegmans needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned wegmans manager in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Wegmans.

Had an Experience with Wegmans?

Comments

unfairhiringprastices
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1202975

Laura was in charge, it seems like you have an issue with women in authority.That is a shame.

You would not push around a man the way you did Laura.Glad she stood up to you and did not take your abuse.

Forest City, Pennsylvania, United States #1198218

Really? No sane person would believe this tall tale!

Are you from the future because 8/25/2016 is a few months from now. Are you back from the future daddy?

Sorry but you literally sound like a lunatic.I highly doubt things happened exactly the way you described - people don't just start flipping out like that for no reason...

you were probably being a major *** to them and I wouldn't be surprised if you did threaten them and that's what caused that reaction. But maybe you magically remember something different.

The fact that you went so far out of your way as to take an actually cell phone picture of flies on baked goods suggests strongly that you were just determined to cause as much trouble as you possibly could.

And chicken doesn't cost $400 so your monetary loss claim is a blatant lie.Makes me think everything else is, too.

Okay first of all why would you not be comfortable with giving your ID?You were just making it more difficult for them and yourself.

You were asking for it and don't threaten stuff like that with the fly that's messed up.Everywhere has flies get over it they do what they can to keep them out.

to Anonymous #1076467

Why would you want a lunatic liar to have your license with your home address on it.Do you not understand his problem?

Chickens aren't supposed to stink!You shouldn't need ID to return it for the money/

unfairhiringprastices
to Anonymous Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1202977

He obviously did and could not get a refund because he did not follow the rules for a refund.He seems to have an issue with women in power and likes to threaten and walk over them.

He is upset because the manager stood her ground and did not let him abuse her.Way to go Lara.

Rochester, New York, United States #1025466

Hello,

We're very sorry to hear all of this. Can you please call Wegmans Consumer Affairs at 1-800 WEGMANS Mon-Fri 8 am-5pm so we can make things right and have someone follow up with you.

Please refer to Case #1231387